Advice needed
Create Post

Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I appreciate any advice on this situation:[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I was on Parris Island from June ’09 to Oct. ’09. I failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle and was dropped. I took extra rounds from a Marine coach during the next qualification week. No questions asked- I just did what I was told and that shows how naïve I was. I told my SDI who made me an example of an integrity violator to the platoon which turned against me. This caused an investigation of the coaches on the rifle range because I was not the only one receiving extra rounds. It also caused an investigation of my platoon who were setting me up for failure by stealing my gear and nametapes. I was dropped for failure to qualify and the integrity violation was waived after I was interviewed.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I had to go on more interviews with officers, the IG of Parris Island, and a few drill instructors. My parents had connections to talk with them and did not want me to join the USMC in the first place. I do not know the things my parents said but I got a lot of unwanted attention and my reputation went downhill. I received an uncharacterized general entry level separation (requires a waiver to re-enlist before 2 years after being discharged) because I gave in when asked if I wanted to leave- I regretted this the day after I left.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Overall, it was a lot of politics and bs that went on. A recruiter was ready to take me back with a statement but then I had to move and went back to my original recruiter (the one my parents were constantly talking to) and was told to get a letter from a congressman, and there’s no way I want to rely on that![/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Will I still need a congressional letter if I wait out the 2 years before re-enlisting? Or just switch to a recruiter who my parents have not talked to?[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Other than that, I was a good recruit and passed everything else. No doubt in my mind I would pass everything and I want a chance to do it over again myself like a normal recruit.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] Thank you for your time.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Meg[/FONT]

Sorry. Here it is more readable.

I appreciate any advice on this situation:
    I was on Parris Island from June ’09 to Oct. ’09. I failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle and was dropped. I took extra rounds from a Marine coach during the next qualification week. No questions asked- I just did what I was told and that shows how naïve I was. I told my SDI who made me an example of an integrity violator to the platoon which turned against me. This caused an investigation of the coaches on the rifle range because I was not the only one receiving extra rounds. It also caused an investigation of my platoon who were setting me up for failure by stealing my gear and nametapes. I was dropped for failure to qualify and the integrity violation was waived after I was interviewed.
    I had to go on more interviews with officers, the IG of Parris Island, and a few drill instructors. My parents had connections to talk with them and did not want me to join the USMC in the first place. I do not know the things my parents said but I got a lot of unwanted attention and my reputation went downhill. I received an uncharacterized general entry level separation (requires a waiver to re-enlist before 2 years after being discharged) because I gave in when asked if I wanted to leave- I regretted this the day after I left.
    Overall, it was a lot of politics and bs that went on. A recruiter was ready to take me back with a statement but then I had to move and went back to my original recruiter (the one my parents were constantly talking to) and was told to get a letter from a congressman, and there’s no way I want to rely on that!
    Will I still need a congressional letter if I wait out the 2 years before re-enlisting? Or just switch to a recruiter who my parents have not talked to?
    Other than that, I was a good recruit and passed everything else. No doubt in my mind I would pass everything and I want a chance to do it over again myself like a normal recruit.
    Thank you for your time.

Meg

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mwar View Post
    Sorry. Here it is more readable.

I appreciate any advice on this situation:
    I was on Parris Island from June ’09 to Oct. ’09. I failed to qualify with an M16A2 service rifle and was dropped. I took extra rounds from a Marine coach during the next qualification week. No questions asked- I just did what I was told and that shows how naïve I was. I told my SDI who made me an example of an integrity violator to the platoon which turned against me. This caused an investigation of the coaches on the rifle range because I was not the only one receiving extra rounds. It also caused an investigation of my platoon who were setting me up for failure by stealing my gear and nametapes. I was dropped for failure to qualify and the integrity violation was waived after I was interviewed.
    I had to go on more interviews with officers, the IG of Parris Island, and a few drill instructors. My parents had connections to talk with them and did not want me to join the USMC in the first place. I do not know the things my parents said but I got a lot of unwanted attention and my reputation went downhill. I received an uncharacterized general entry level separation (requires a waiver to re-enlist before 2 years after being discharged) because I gave in when asked if I wanted to leave- I regretted this the day after I left.
    Overall, it was a lot of politics and bs that went on. A recruiter was ready to take me back with a statement but then I had to move and went back to my original recruiter (the one my parents were constantly talking to) and was told to get a letter from a congressman, and there’s no way I want to rely on that!
    Will I still need a congressional letter if I wait out the 2 years before re-enlisting? Or just switch to a recruiter who my parents have not talked to?
    Other than that, I was a good recruit and passed everything else. No doubt in my mind I would pass everything and I want a chance to do it over again myself like a normal recruit.
    Thank you for your time.

Meg
    If you didn't get the extra rounds, you would have gone Unk. So you wouldn't have passed everything.

Wait the two years. Be respectful, but tell your parents firmly to butt out of your life. You won't need their permission anyway.

First of all you have two years so now is the time to find someone in your area that can work with you to learn how to shoot the M16. As for your parents if you wish to be in the Marine Corps you need to muster up and advise them to back off it is your life. A lot of Marines have had to do this you are not the first.

Thank you- will do.

At present....I have serious doubts you'd be able to get back in. Read the article I just posted up about waivers. And those are 'moral' waivers, not 'Recruit Training Drop' waivers, which as I understand it, are even MORE difficult to get approved.

In 2 years, things may change. Emphasis on 'may'.

Thread Information